4. Sequencing your writing
Now we can move on and write about the events that happen to the character(s). This starts to create your timeline – the sequence for the framework of the story. Write some notes on each of the following:
- Where are the character(s)?
- What are the character(s) doing?
- What are the character(s) thinking?
- How do the character(s) act and react to each other?
- What changes?
- What problem or conflict does the change create?
- How is the problem or conflict solved?
- What roles do the characters play in the resolution?
- How are the characters different?
Take as much time as you need on this section. Then when you’re ready click below to move onto the next section.