Ways to Develop and Improve Your Creative Writing
Here are some top tips for developing your creative writing. No writing is ever a finished product – there are always ways to improve and refine your style.
- Go on a writing course. You’re here already which is a start! But there’s many more out there. Our hope is that this course will whet your appetite for more.
- Join a writers’ circle. The website www.writers-online.co.uk has a good community within it, and there are many social media writers groups. Plus you could begin a group from among those on this course.
- Find a good library and use it.
- Read and re-read good writing.
- Attend book festivals, readings and bookshop events.
Is this going to be difficult?
Before we get onto your task for this week, let’s hear from our experts about whether it was easy, or a struggle, for them to get started with this writing thing: